The 'Homework and Supporting Your Child at Home' sections will be regularly updated in lieu of 'Meet the Teacher' meetings. There's lots to read already so please check these areas for any new information about life and expectations in Year 3. If you do have any further queries, then please contact the office who'll forward them to us.
- New pics - Sharing Parish Projects - Window on the World homework projects
- New art pics - Using watercolours
- New English pics - Identifying features of a letter
- Important maths announcement (Telling the Time) in Y3 Maths (link) section.
- Meet the Teacher Sep 2020 letter (Letters Section).
- Autumn 1 Spelling Shed lists uploaded (Y3 Spellings) to practise spellings at home.
- Times tables section updated with revised Olympic test scheme.
To start this half term, we will be developing our mapping skills and learning about key aspects of physical and human geography in Africa. We'll find out about different climates and describe climates of Africa and compare these with other continents. Furthermore, we’ll research the Kalahari Desert and investigate and share different Kalahari countries with others. After that, we’ll find out what it’s like to live in a desert, research the real people that live in and near deserts and how affects their lives. During art sessions, we’ll be creating collage flags from different African countries before developing our skills using a range of techniques to create effects using pencils, oil pastels and different ways of using watercolours. In addition, we’ll explore Khoisan paintings and rock art before designing artwork of a Kalahari animal inspired by Khoisan work.