Before we finished, we were taking inspiration from a range of books to write setting descriptions of volcanoes, mountains or storms. Maybe you could have a go at writing a setting description for another extreme environment? Or could you write a story based around your chosen environment?
Ideas for what you could be writing:
- A story from your own imagination
- A story inspired by a picture - have a look at https://www.onceuponapicture.co.uk/ for inspiration!
- A new chapter for a book that you are reading
- A diary based on your day yesterday
- A letter to/from a character in your current story book
- Anything else that takes your fancy!
Ideas for what to search for on IXl or Twinkl:
|Punctuation and grammar skills:
- main and subordinate clauses
- relative clauses
- fronted adverbials
- modal verbs
- expanded noun phrases
- using a range of punctuation to include:
- full stops
- capital letters for sentences, initials and proper nouns
- exclamation marks for exclamatory sentences or surprise
- question marks
- apostrophes for possession and contraction
- commas for lists, parenthesis, fronted adverbials and clauses
- inverted commas for speech
- brackets and dashes for parenthesis
- beginning to use colons and semi-colons
- Year 3 and 4 Statutory Words
- Year 5 and 5 Statutory Words
- words containing 'ough'
- words using ei after c
- words with silent letters